Welcome aboard Community Connection! More than just a decked-out bus, Community Connection is our latest effort to connect with riders and members of the communities we serve, while also promoting the benefits of public transportation.
From spring through fall, this specially designed bus travels the city appearing at various music, sporting, cultural and neighborhood events to help answer questions and provide you with valuable information about our services, programs and projects occurring in neighborhoods throughout Chicago.
“The CTA is a critical part of daily life in Chicago. We created Community Connection to help strengthen our relationship with our riders and the communities we serve. This bus is a way for us to meet, interact and hear from riders and the community, while also providing them an opportunity to become more familiar with who we are and what we do at the CTA."
- CTA President Dorval R. Carter, Jr.
About the bus
Community Connection features an eye-catching exterior design that lists the names of some of the many communities we serve.
Inside, we gutted this retired CTA bus and transformed it into a sleek, modern and welcoming space for visitors to rest, recharge, ask questions and learn more about our services.
Among the amenities of Community Connection are:
- Cooling or warming area (depending on the weather) with seating and tables
- Multiple video screens featuring the latest CTA projects and services
- A fast-charging station for mobile phones and other electronic devices
- Staff to assist with your Ventra card and answer questions about our services
- A wide array of information about CTA career opportunities, tax-free transit benefits and ongoing capital improvement projects
- Chances to win prizes and CTA gifts
Community Connection will appear at numerous neighborhood and community events throughout 2018, as well as larger, annual events such as Taste of Chicago, Lollapalooza, the African Festival of the Arts, the Bud Billiken Parade and more.