No matter your plans, CTA is the most convenient and affordable way to get to the weekend fun. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen routes for the following events:
- Edmonton Oilers vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Thu. March 5 at 7:30 p.m.
- Indiana Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls – Fri. March 6 at 7 p.m.
- St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. March 8 at 6:30 p.m.
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls – Tues. March 10 at 7 p.m.
- San Jose Sharks vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Wed. March 11 at 7 p.m.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides ($2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train).
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #