Extra service to various events including music concerts, sporting events and more
Save money for more fun by riding with CTA to all your favorite entertainment festivities. Customers can save more on unlimited rides by purchasing either the CTA’s 1-Day ($5) – more economical and convenient than a gallon of gas - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Extra service on the #20 Madison before each event, and extra service on the #19 United Center Express and the #50 Damen routes after each event
- Seventeen concert – Thur. 8/25 at 7:30 p.m.
Extra service on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Montreal FC vs. Chicago Fire FC – Sat. 8/27 at 7 p.m.
Extra service on the #29 State and the #66 Chicago
- Saturday Night Fireworks – Sat. 8/27 at 10 p.m.
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs – Thur. 8/25 at 1:20 p.m.
- Red Line: The Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, southbound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a southbound Red Line train and exit at the Addison station.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line southbound and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide extra service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several additional CTA bus routes serve the Wrigley Field area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
Guaranteed Rate Field
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Chicago White Sox – Fri. 8/26 at 7:10 p.m., Sat. 8/27 at 6:10 p.m. and Sun. 8/28 at 1:10 p.m.
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox – Tues. 8/30 and Wed. 8/31 at 7:10 p.m., Thur. 9/1 at 1:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is one block west of the Sox-35th stop.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stop is three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: To get to the Sox ballpark, or within a few blocks, fans can use:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Service to the Lakefront: Weekends/Holidays
From Saturday, August 20 to Monday, September 5, bus shuttle service will be provided from these routes to the beach on weekends and holidays only from approximately 9 a.m. to
Direct service on the #63 route to the 63rd Street Beach has been temporarily suspended due to CDOT construction.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Masks are no longer required on CTA: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #