Extra service to various events including multiple music concerts, sporting events and more; Weekend work to temporarily impact the Blue and Green Lines
CTA can get you to and from all your destinations, rain or shine. Customers can save more on unlimited rides by purchasing either the CTA’s 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Extra service on the #20 Madison before each event, and extra service on the #19 United Center Express and the #50 Damen routes after each event
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Chicago Blackhawks (Preseason game) - Sat. 10/1 at 7:30 p.m.
- Gorillaz concert – Mon. 10/3 at 7:30 p.m.
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Chicago Bulls (Preseason game) – Tue. 10/4 at 7 p.m.
- Iron Maiden concert – Wed. 10/5 at 7:30 p.m.
Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
Extra service on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- New Order & Pet Shop Boys concert – Fri. 9/30 at 6:30 p.m.
- The Head and the Heart concert – Sat. 10/1 at 7:30 p.m.
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Chicago Cubs – Thu. 9/29 at 1:20 p.m.
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs – Fri. 9/30, Sat. 10/1 and Sun. 10/2 at 1:20 p.m.
- Red Line: The Addison station is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Purple Line: During weeknight games, southbound Purple Line Express trains will stop at Sheridan, where riders can either walk three blocks south on Sheridan/Sheffield to the ballpark or transfer to a southbound Red Line train and exit at the Addison station.
- Yellow Line: Take the Yellow Line southbound and transfer at Howard to the Red Line; continue to Addison station. To accommodate fans returning home, the Yellow Line will run for an hour later from Howard – until midnight – for all night games at Wrigley Field.
- #152 Addison: The #152 route will provide additional service on Cubs game days, with more frequent service two hours before and one hour after all games.
- #80 Irving Park: The #80 route will provide extra service before the games, timed to meet the inbound UP-NW Metra trains at Irving Park.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several additional CTA bus routes serve the Wrigley Field area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
Guaranteed Rate Field
- Minnesota Twins vs. Chicago White Sox – Mon. 10/3 and Tue. 10/4 at 7:10 p.m., Wed. 10/5 at 3:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is one block west of the Sox-35th station.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stop is three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: To get to the Sox ballpark, or within a few blocks, fans can use:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Blue Line Service
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Green Line Service
- Between Sat. 10/1 at 5 a.m. and Mon. 10/3 at 4 a.m., rail service between the Garfield and Cottage Grove stations will be temporarily suspended. More details
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions serving all affected stations during this time.
- Service changes are due to track maintenance work occurring this weekend.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Masks are no longer required on CTA: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #