Service to/from The Big Ten Tournament and other sporting events at the United Center and the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and River Dyeing
CTA will be your driver to all the fun activities happening across the city this week including – The Big Ten Tournament and St. Patrick’s Day festivities. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
St. Patrick’s Day Parade and River Dyeing
Chicago River, from Wabash to Columbus; Columbus, northbound from Balbo to Monroe
River Dyeing – 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; Parade – 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Rail: All rail lines downtown will get you access to the parade and river dyeing area.
- Loop Elevated: Exit at either Washington/Wabash or Adams/Wabash
- Red Line: Exit at Monroe and walk a couple blocks east
- Blue Line: Exit at Washington and walk few blocks east
- Bus: Some bus routes in the area may be rerouted. For additional route information check our website: https://www.transitchicago.com/schedules/
2023 Big Ten Tournament
Get to and from the tournament via the #19 United Center Express, #20 Madison and #50 Damen routes.
- Thu. 3/9 at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Fri. 3/10 at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Sat. 3/11 at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Sun. 3/12 at 2:30 p.m.
Get to and from the following events via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Post event, customers can also take the #19 United Center Express:
- Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Tue. 3/14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sacramento Kings vs. Chicago Bulls – Wed. 3/15 at 7 p.m.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Masks are no longer required on CTA: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #