Service to/from concerts and various sporting events across the city; Weekend work to temporarily impact Blue Line service
CTA can meet all your transportation needs no matter what part of the city you need to travel to or from. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Get to and from the following events via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- Lizzo concert – Wed. 5/17 at 8 p.m.
Service on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express route
- St. Louis City SC vs. Chicago Fire FC – Sat. 5/13 at 12:00 p.m.
Guaranteed Rate Field
- Houston Astros vs. White Sox – Fri. 5/12 at 7:10 p.m., Sat. 5/13 at 6:15 p.m. and Sun. 5/14 at 1:10 p.m.
- Cleveland Guardians vs. White Sox – Tue. 5/16 and Wed. 5/17 at 7:10 p.m. and Thu. 5/18 at 1:10 p.m.
- Red Line: Guaranteed Rate Field is just one block west of the Sox-35th station.
- Green Line: The 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station is just three blocks east of the ballpark.
- CTA’s Park & Ride lots are also a good choice to access CTA train service. For more information, visit transitchicago.com/parking.
- Adjacent bus routes: Several CTA bus routes serve the ballpark area, including:
- #1 Bronzeville/Union Station (during Monday – Friday rush periods only)
- #4 Cottage Grove
- #24 Wentworth
- #29 State
- #31 31st (which runs Monday – Friday to 7 p.m.)
- #35 35th (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #39 Pershing (which connects with Orange and Green lines)
- #44 Wallace/Racine
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Blue Line Service
- Between 10 p.m. Fri. 5/12 and 4 a.m. Mon. 5/15, Blue Line service between Addison and Western stations along the O’Hare branch will be temporarily suspended. More details
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions between Addison and Western, stopping near the Belmont, Logan Square, and California stations.
- This service change is due to construction at the Belmont Crossover
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #