Extra service to concerts and sporting events at the United Center; Weekend work to temporarily impact the Red Line
CTA’s buses and trains provide a convenient way to travel to work, school, shopping, festive activities and more. Customers can save money by purchasing one of our unlimited rides passes, either the CTA’s 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Extra service on the #20 Madison before each event, and extra service on the #19 United Center Express and the #50 Damen routes after each event
- 107.5 WGCI Big Jam concert – Sat. 12/3 at 6:30 p.m.
- Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls – Wed. 12/7 at 7 p.m.
Extra service on the #128 Soldier Express and the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears – Sun. 12/4 at 12 p.m.
Impacts to #49 Western Route for Toys for Tots Motorcycle Parade
Northbound Western Ave. between 83rd and Roscoe – Sat. 12/3 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Bus: There will be a reroute northbound on the #49 Western route. Other service along the #49 Western and routes that cross Western will be temporarily interrupted. Check transitchicago.com/alerts for more information about routes in the area.
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Red Line Service
- Between Sat. 12/3 at 9 p.m. and Sun. 12/4 at 5 a.m., Red Line service between Wilson and Belmont stations will be temporarily suspended in both directions (More details)
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions serving all affected stations
- Red Line trains will operate normally between Howard-Wilson and between Belmont-95th/Dan Ryan.
- This service change is due to construction at the Addison Interlocking
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Masks are no longer required on CTA: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #