Service to/from various sporting events at the United Center and the Shamrock Shuffle Race; Weekend work to temporarily impact the Green Line (UPDATE: Weekend Blue Line work has been cancelled)
Updated: 03/23/2023 6PM
If you plan on sprinting in the Shamrock Shuttle Race, then allow CTA to be your #1 travel option. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Shamrock Shuffle 8K Race
Grant Park, Loop, River North – Sun. 3/26
Gear Check at 6:30 a.m., Race Begins at 8:30 a.m., Event concludes by 1:30 p.m.
- Rail: All rail lines downtown will get you access to the race area.
- Loop Elevated: Exit at either Washington/Wabash or Adams/Wabash
- Red and Blue Lines: Exit at Jackson and walk a couple blocks east
- Bus: The #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express route provides service to the race area. Other bus routes in the area may be rerouted. For additional route information check our website: https://www.transitchicago.com/schedules/
Get to and from the following events via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- New Edition concert – Thur. 3/23 at 8 p.m.
- Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 3/26 at 5 p.m.
- Dallas Stars vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Tues. 3/28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Angeles Lakers vs. Chicago Bulls – Wed. 3/29 at 7 p.m.
Weekend Work Impacting Blue Line Service: Cancelled
Updated: 03/23/2023 6PM
- Weekend work previously scheduled to occur between 10 p.m. Fri. 3/24 and 4 a.m. Mon. 3/27, between the Addison and Western stations has been cancelled.
- Blue Line trains will operate normally between the Addison and Western, stations this weekend.
- Weekend work will resume next week as part of ongoing construction at the Belmont Crossover
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Green Line Service
- Between Sat. 3/25 at 6 a.m. and Sun. 3/26 at 5 p.m., rail service between the Garfield and Ashland/63rd stations will be temporarily suspended. More details
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions between Garfield and Ashland/63rd stopping near Halsted stations.
- Additionally, shuttle buses will make connections with Red Line trains at the 63rd station.
- Service changes are due to structure maintenance work occurring this weekend.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #