CTA’s trains and buses will get you to various sporting events, including the Hot Chocolate Run at Grant Park and seeing Ricky Martin and Friends at United Center; Weekend construction work to temporarily impact the Blue and Yellow Lines
If you are planning on participating in this year’s Hot Chocolate Run, let CTA be your ride of choice. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Hot Chocolate 15K/5 K Run
Grant Park – Sun. 11/5 at 7:30 a.m.
- Rail: All rail lines downtown will get you access to the event.
- Loop Elevated: Exit at either Washington/Wabash or Adams/Wabash
- Red and Blue Lines: Exit at Jackson and walk a couple blocks east
- Bus: Multiple bus routes in the loop will be rerouted. Check out the alerts on our website for more information: https://www.transitchicago.com/alerts/
Get to and from the following event via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull & Ricky Martin – Thu. 11/2 at 7 p.m.
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls – Fri. 11/3 – at 7 p.m.
- Florida Panthers vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sat. 11/4 at 7 p.m.
- New Jersey Devils vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 11/5 at 6 p.m.
- Utah Jazz vs. Chicago Bulls – Mon. 11/6 at 7 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns vs. Chicago Bulls – Wed. 11/8 at 7 p.m.
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats – Sat. 11/4 at 2:30 p.m.
- Rail: The Red Line will provide the closest access. Exit at the Addison station which is located just a half block east of Wrigley Field.
- Bus: Several CTA bus routes serve the area, including:
- #8 Halsted
- #22 Clark
- #36 Broadway
- #151 Sheridan
- #152 Addison
For additional route information check our website: https://www.transitchicago.com/schedules/
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Blue Line Service
- Between 10 p.m. Fri. 11/3 and 4 a.m., Mon. 11/6, rail service between Western (O’Hare Branch) and Clark/Lake stations will be temporarily suspended (More details)
- The Blue Line will operate in two sections, between O’Hare and Western (O’Hare Branch) and between Clark/Lake and Forest Park.
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions between Western (O’Hare Branch) and Clark/Lake, stopping near Damen, Division, Chicago, and Grand stations.
- This service change is due to traction power upgrades.
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Yellow Line Service
- On Sat. 11/4 and Sun. 11/5, from 6 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. each day, rail service between Dempster-Skokie and Howard stations will be temporarily suspended (More details HERE and HERE)
- Bus shuttles will operate in both directions between Dempster-Skokie and Howard, stopping near Oakton station.
- This service change is due to track maintenance to renew the grade crossing at Niles Center Road.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #