CTA’s trains and buses are the best and most affordable ways to get to various sporting events, concerts and the Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade in the Loop; Weekend construction work to temporarily impact the Green Line
Travel with CTA all over Chicago to get to a variety of activities. Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited rides pass, either the 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking - or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Service for Upcoming Events
Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade
State Street between Lake Street to Van Buren – Sat. 10/21 at 6 p.m.
- Rail: All rail lines will get you access to the parade and exit in the loop.
- Bus: Multiple bus routes in the loop will be rerouted. Check out the alerts on our website for more information: https://www.transitchicago.com/alerts/.
Get to and from the following event via the #20 Madison and #50 Damen bus routes. Customers can also take the #19 United Center Express route post event:
- Preseason game: Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Chicago Bulls – Thu. 10/19 at 7 p.m.
- Joji – Fri. 10/20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Vegas Golden Knights vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 10/21 at 7 p.m.
- Enhypen – Sun. 10/22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Tue. 10/24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Chicago Bulls – Wed. 10/25 at 7 p.m.
Service on the #128 Soldier Field Express and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Las Vegas Raiders vs. Chicago Bears – Sun. 10/22 at 12 p.m.
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Green Line Service
- On Sat. 10/21 from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m., Green Line service between the Loop and the 35th-Brozeville-IIT station will be temporarily suspended. More details
- The Green Line will operate in two sections between Harlem and the outer loop, and between 35th-Brozeville-IIT and Ashland/63rd-Cottage Grove.
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions between Harold Washington Library-State/Van Buren and 35th-Brozeville-IIT, stopping near Roosevelt/Wabash and Cermak-McCormick Place.
- Service changes are due to maintenance work occurring this weekend.
NOTE: The Green Line does not normally serve Harold Washington Library-State/Van Buren station.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the loop on CTA service changes and alerts by subscribing to CTA Updates. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #