No matter what your plans, CTA is the most convenient and cost-affordable way to get to the weekend fun. We recommend allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited-ride passes in advance. More information about purchasing fares is below.
Event service/extra service
Abbott Health and Fitness Expo at McCormick Place – Fri. 10/11 and Sat. 10/12
- Rail: Green Line will operate longer trains. Exit at Cermak-McCormick Place station
- Bus: Extra service on #3 King Drive
Bank of America Marathon at Grant Park - Sun. 10/13 (Additional Info)
- Rail: Longer trains on Brown, Green, Orange and Blue lines. More frequent service on Red, Blue, Brown and Green lines before and/or after event. Earlier service on Purple Line
- Bus: Earlier service on #3 King Drive
Extra service on the #19 United Center Express and #50 Damen bus routes for the following events:
- San Jose Sharks vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Thurs. 10/10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Hugh Jackman – Fri. 10/11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Winnipeg Jets vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Sat. 10/12 at 6 p.m.
- Edmonton Oilers vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Mon.10/14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sara Bareilles – Tues. 10/15 at 8 p.m.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to their Ventra cards for pay-per-ride via the following ways: free Ventra app, rail station Ventra vending machines, online or at nearly 900 local retailers - for locations visit ventrachicago.com.
Single-ride tickets are also available for purchase for $3 ($5 at O’Hare) at all Ventra vending machines. Single-ride tickets include up to two transfers in two hours.
In a hurry? Ventra allows riders to use Apple Pay, Android Pay or Samsung Pay, or any contactless credit or debit card, for pay-as-you-go rides - $2.25 for bus, $2.50 for train.
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #