Catch a ride on CTA’s two all-electric buses serving the “Auto Show” bus route, which provides direct service to McCormick Place, or a take the Green Line to the Cermak-McCormick Place station
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is a convenient and affordable way to get to the 2017 Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place Saturday, February 11 through Monday, February 20. Additional service will be provided on bus routes directly serving McCormick Place, including dedicated “Auto Show” direct bus service, aboard CTA’s two all-electric buses.
Getting to the Chicago Auto Show by train is now even more convenient with the Cermak-McCormick Place Green Line station, which is located three blocks west of McCormick Place. Customers traveling on the Red, Brown, Orange, Pink and Blue lines can make free transfers to the Green Line at the following locations:
- Red and Orange lines: make a free transfer at Roosevelt and board a 63rd-bound Green Line train to Cermak-McCormick Place.
- Blue Line: make a free transfer at Clark/Lake and board a 63rd-bound Green Line train from the Loop Elevated platform.
- Brown and Pink lines: free transfers to 63rd-bound Green Line trains can be made at the Clark/Lake, State/Lake and Adams/Wabash Loop Elevated station.
CTA’s “Auto Show” route, #3 King Drive and #21 Cermak bus routes provide direct service between McCormick Place and downtown, Union Station, and Ogilvie Transportation Center. To accommodate additional riders heading to and from McCormick Place, the CTA will provide the following extra service:
- #3 King Drive: Additional buses will operate between Fairbanks/Ontario and McCormick Place approximately every 20 minutes beginning at 5 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. on weekdays (Note: 5 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. on the last Monday). On weekends, this additional service will be provided from 9 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.
- “Auto Show” Bus Route: Provides direct service to and from show aboard CTA’s two all-electric buses, during the following times:
- Weekdays: approx. every 12 to 30 minutes from 9 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.
(Note: 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the last Monday).
- Saturdays: approx. every 7.5 to 30 minutes from 9 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.
- Sundays: approx. every 10 to 30 minutes from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Buses displaying “”To Auto Show McCormick Pl” or “To Metra Stns – Via Downtown” on their destination signs can be boarded from the following locations:
- Ogilvie Transportation Center: on Clinton at Madison
- Union Station: corner of Clinton and Quincy or Jackson Boulevard and the Chicago River
- Museum Campus: on Columbus at 11th Street
- McCormick Place: at Gate #26 beneath McCormick Place
The CTA recommends that customers plan ahead and purchase fares in advance to decrease travel times and avoid long lines. Below are some of the convenient methods to pay your way on the CTA:
- Existing Ventra card users: Customers can load their registered Ventra cards ahead of time with either transit value or unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) via the free Ventra app, at rail stations, online or at nearly 1,300 local retailers (for locations available or to download the app, visit ventrachicago.com).
- Visitors: Available at Ventra vending machines located in all CTA rail stations are 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3, except at O’Hare) that offer up to two transfers within two hours.
- Pay-As-You-Go: Customers can pay their fare with contactless bankcards and mobile wallets (e.g. Apple Pay or Android Pay), which will deduct $2.25 for each tap of the card or mobile device on buses or at rail stations. Cash payment on buses requires exact fare. Transfers are not available for the pay-as-you-go payment option.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON CTA SERVICE
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #