To help welcome you back, we’re doing more than just rolling out the welcome mat; we’re expanding and accelerating our Refresh & Renew (R&R) program!
Now through the end of the year, our crews will be making improvements to nearly 90% of our rail stations to provide you with a more welcoming transit travel experience.
The scope of work being performed will vary by location, but can include:
- Deep clean power washing of all surfaces (all locations)
- Painting (all locations)
- Lighting upgrades
- Improved platform amenities
- Renewal of finishes and fixtures
- Utility and plumbing line repairs
- Removal of outdated fixtures and equipment
- Permanent repair work
- Updating of old/damaged signage
- And more!
R&R crews began the accelerated station improvement work this spring and will be continuing their efforts through December 2021. The following are the stations that will receive improvements this year:
- Red Line: Howard, Jarvis, Morse, Loyola, Granville, Thorndale, Addison, Sheridan, Belmont, Fullerton, Clark/Division, North/Clybourn, Chicago, Grand, Lake, Monroe, Jackson, Harrison, Roosevelt, Cermak-Chinatown, Sox-35th, 47th, Garfield, 63rd, 69th, 79th, 87th
- Blue Line: O’Hare, Rosemont, Cumberland, Harlem, Montrose, California, Western (O'Hare branch), Damen, Washington, Monroe, Jackson, Clinton, LaSalle, UIC-Halsted, Racine, Illinois Medical District, Western (Forest Park branch), Kedzie-Homan, Pulaski, Cicero, Austin, Oak Park, Harlem, Forest Park
- Green Line: Harlem/Lake, Oak Park, Ridgeland, Austin, Central, Laramie, Cicero, Pulaski, Conservatory, Kedzie, California, Ashland, Morgan, Clinton, Roosevelt, 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Indiana, 43rd, 47th, 51st, Halsted, King Drive, Ashland/63rd, Cottage Grove
- Brown Line: Kimball, Kedzie, Francisco, Rockwell, Western, Damen, Montrose, Irving Park, Addison, Paulina, Southport, Wellington, Diversey, Armitage, Sedgwick, Chicago, Merchandise Mart
- Pink Line: 54th/Cermak, Cicero, Kostner, Pulaski, Central Park, Kedzie, California, Western, Damen, Polk
- Orange Line: Midway, Pulaski, Kedzie, Western, 35th/Archer, Ashland, Halsted
- Purple Line: Linden, Central, Noyes, Foster, Davis, Dempster, Main, South Blvd.
- Yellow Line: Dempster-Skokie, Oakton-Skokie
- Loop Elevated: Clark/Lake, State/Lake, Adams/Wabash, Library, LaSalle/VanBuren, Quincy, Washington/Wells
Below is the schedule of R&R work planned for the first half of this year:
- March: Addison (Red Line), Sox-35th (Red Line)
- April: Belmont (Red/Brown/Purple lines), Polk (Pink Line)
- May: Conservatory-Central Park Drive (Green Line), 47th (Red Line)
- June: Rockwell (Brown Line), Cicero (Pink Line), Thorndale (Red Line)
- July: Western (Blue Line - Forest Park branch), Kedzie (Orange Line), Cumberland (Blue Line), California (Green Line)
Stay tuned for updates to the schedule!
The following are before/after photos of some of the stations that have been refreshed and renewed: