When and Where?
Thursday, May 14, 2015
6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
5917 N. Broadway St., Chicago, IL 60660
Served by CTA Thorndale station (Red Line) and CTA Bus #36 Broadway
*Facility accessible to people with disabilities
CTA, as project sponsor to the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), proposes to construct the Lawrence to Bryn Mawr Modernization Project. The project would reconstruct approximately 1.3 miles of the existing rail line track from Leland Avenue on the south to near Ardmore Avenue on the north. Four stations, the Lawrence, Argyle, Berwyn, and Bryn Mawr stations, would be expanded, modernized, and made accessible according to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
An Environmental Assessment (EA), which analyzes the effects of implementing the project on the physical, human, and natural environments, has recently been published for this project in accordance with federal requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA) and all other applicable regulations. All interested parties are invited to review the EA and attend the public hearing. The public hearing provides an opportunity for the public to express their views concerning the impacts and mitigation measures identified for the proposed improvements.
A copy of the EA is available for public review through May 29, 2015 at the following locations:
- CTA website in plain text and pdf formats
- CTA headquarters (567 W. Lake Street, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60661)in regular and large print
- 46th Ward Office (4544 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640)
- 48th Ward Office (5533 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640)
Hard copies of the EA are also available at the following libraries during the public review period:
- Bezazian Library, 1226 W. Ainslie Street, Chicago, IL 60640
- Uptown Library, 929 W. Buena Avenue, Chicago, IL 60613
- Edgewater Library, 6000 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60660
- Harold Washington Library Center, 400 S. State Street, Chicago, IL 60605
A 30-day comment period (April 29 – May 29, 2015) has been established to take formal comments. All comments received during this period, and responses to those comments, will be incorporated into the final NEPA decision document. Comments may be made orally to a court reporter or in writing at the public hearing. Written comments may also be submitted anytime during the comment period in one of two ways:
- Via email: LawrenceToBrynMawr@transitchicago.com
- Via US mail: Chicago Transit Authority, Strategic Planning, 10th Floor, Attn: Lawrence to Bryn Mawr Modernization Project, 567 W. Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60661
All written comments must be submitted by 4:30 P.M. on Friday, May 29, 2015.
Do you require assistance?
If you require an interpreter, including sign language services, or other accommodations at this meeting, contact Jeff Wilson, CTA Senior Manager for Government and Community Relations, at least five days prior to the meeting at 312-681-2712 or JWilson@transitchicago.com.