CTA is the best way to get to events throughout the city; Unlimited ride passes are a great, worry-free way to ride as much as you want to your favorite events
CTA will be providing additional service for events happening throughout the city, including the
2017 Taste of Chicago at Grant Park, WGCI Summer Jam at United Center and Chicago Cubs baseball games at Wrigley Field.
Getting there is easy! CTA encourages customers to allow extra travel time and purchase 1-day, 3-day or 7-day unlimited ride passes for worry-free travel to their favorite events. More information on how to purchase passes and add money to Ventra cards is provided below.
Taste of Chicago at Grant Park
Additional rail service (Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9)
- Blue Line: Operates with longer trains from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Brown and Orange Lines: Operate with longer trains from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.,
- Green Line: Operates with longer trains from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., from Ashland/63rd and Cottage Grove, and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. from Harlem.
- Red Line: Operates with increased frequency from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., from 95th Terminal
Additional bus service:
#3 King, #4 Cottage Grove, #6 Jackson Park Express, #J14 Jeffery Jump, #29 State and #151 Sheridan.
Weekday (Thursday, July 6 and Friday, July 7)
- #3 King Drive: Additional service from 79th/ King to downtown from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and approximately one hour after event ends.
- #29 State: Additional service from 95th Red to Navy Pier from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and approximately one hour after event ends.
Weekend (Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9)
- #3 King Drive: Additional service from 79th/ King to downtown from 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. and approximately one hour after event ends.
- #4 Cottage Grove: Additional service from 79th/ Cottage Grove to downtown from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and approximately one hour after event ends.
- #6 Jackson Park Express: Additional service from 79th and South Shore to downtown from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and approximately one hour after event ends.
- #J14 Jeffery Jump: Additional service from 103rd and Stony Island to downtown from 5:15 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. and approximately one hour after event ends.
- #151 Sheridan: Additional service between downtown and Belmont/Halsted from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and approximately one hour after event ends.
WGCI Summer Jam at the United Center
(Saturday, July 8)
Additional service for the WGCI Summer Jam at the United Center, which begins at 7:30 p.m., includes:
- #19 United Center Express: Service will begin approximately 1 1/2 hours before the start of the event. Once it ends, #19 buses will operate for one hour and await riders on the north side of the United Center eastbound on the Madison near Gate 3.
- #50 Damen: The #50 Damen connects with the Orange, Pink, Blue and Brown lines. Northbound #50 buses will await customers on Damen at Madison after the event.
- Green/Pink Lines: Exit at the Ashland/Lake station and walk a few blocks southwest to the stadium or transfer to a southbound #9 Ashland bus.
- Blue Line: Exit at the Illinois Medical District station and walk a few blocks north to United Center.
Chicago Cubs Games
(Friday, July 7, Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9)
CTA provides additional bus service on the #80 Irving Park and the #152 Addison beginning approximately two hours before each game, and for one hour following the end of the game.
We also provide extra rail service on the Yellow Line for weekday night games. The Yellow Line will continue to operate until approximately 12 a.m., from Howard.
Pirates vs. Cubs
- Friday, July 7 at 1:20 p.m. (Extra bus and rail service provided)
- Saturday, July 8 at 6:15 p.m. (Extra bus service provided)
- Sunday, July 9 at 12:10 p.m. (Extra bus service provided)
Buy your unlimited ride passes and fares in advance!
The CTA encourages riders to plan ahead, allow extra travel time and purchase fares in advance to decrease travel times and avoid long lines at rail station vending machines.
Customers can add unlimited ride passes (1-day, 3-day, 7-day and 30-day) or add money to pay per-ride to their Ventra cards ahead of time via the free Ventra app, at rail station vending machines, online or at nearly 1,300 local retailers (for locations visit ventrachicago.com or the Ventra app).
Other ways to pay fares include purchasing from CTA vending machines 1-day unlimited ride tickets ($10) or single-ride tickets ($3) that include up to two transfers in two hours. Customers can also pay their fares with their personal contactless debit or credit cards.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service
Plan your trip using the Google Transit Trip Planner. Be sure to also check out CTA on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
# # #