CTA provides a convenient option to Wrigley Field for fans attending the Dave Matthews Band concerts on Friday, September 17 and Saturday, September 18. The concerts begin at 7:00 p.m.
The Red Line provides direct service to Wrigley Field via the accessible station at Addison, which is just a short walk away from the ballpark. Eight-car trains will operate on the Red Line until 1 a.m. to accommodate the anticipated crowds. Fans can transfer to Red Line trains from all other rail lines and from most east-west bus routes.
Riders heading to Wrigley Field can board Red Line trains from stations in the State Street subway downtown, or from Howard, where fans can connect from Purple or Yellow Line trains serving the northern suburbs. Fans using these stations also can take advantage of convenient Park & Ride lots at Howard, Linden and Skokie.
Yellow Line trains will operate until midnight from Howard on both nights, providing a convenient option for fans to Park & Ride by using the more than 400 parking spaces available at the Skokie Yellow Line station, located just three blocks east of the Edens Expressway.
Several CTA bus routes also provide convenient service directly to Wrigley Field:
- #8 Halsted buses operate north on Halsted from 79th Street to Broadway/Waveland;
- #22 Clark buses operate north through the Loop on Dearborn and south on Clark from Howard;
- #80 Irving Park buses operate east and west on Irving Park Road between Irving/Harlem and Irving/Broadway;
- #152 Addison buses operate on Addison from Cumberland on the west to Lake Shore Drive on the east. Additional service will be provided on the #152 Addison route as crowds warrant, starting two hours before the concerts and operating until approximately two hours after the concerts end; and
- #154 Wrigley Field Express will operate for fans who wish to combine driving and public transit to travel to the concerts. #154 buses provide direct service to Wrigley Field from parking lots at DeVry University on Rockwell, a quarter-mile west of Western and a quarter-mile south of Addison. Service begins two hours before each concert and runs until approximately two hours after the concerts end. A $6 fee includes parking at DeVry and round-trip bus transit for a carload of fans.
In addition, customers who do not park at DeVry but wish to ride to Wrigley Field will be able to board the bus and travel to the ballpark by paying for a round trip regular CTA bus fare.
Bus customers who use CTA fare media pay $2.00 to ride ($4.00 for round trip on #154). For rail customers or customers who pay cash on the bus, the fare is $2.25 ($4.50 for round trip on #154). Customers who use CTA fare media may transfer for a 25 cent fee. Transfers are not available for customers paying fares in cash.
For details about all CTA service, call 836-7000 (all local area codes).
# # #