Small Business Contract Opportunities
The CTA Small Business pilot program is designed to give certified small businesses an opportunity to bid as primes on CTA contracts. Under the pilot program, selected contracts below $100,000 in value will be set aside for small businesses to bid on as prime contractors.
The following requirements must be met to be eligible to participate in the CTA Small Business Program:
- The company must meet the size standards for small businesses as revised by the Small Business Administration (SBA) for the industry in which it works.
- The company must be certified as a small business by a third party. Self-certification is not permitted.
For more information on the pilot program as well as list of agencies for which CTA accepts small business certifications, please visit our Small Business Page.
Please note that each solicitation available for download will include all forms required to submit a complete bid to the CTA, including DBE forms and special conditions regarding the Small Business Program.
In addition, all contracting opportunities for the Chicago Transit Authority will now be advertised in the classified section of the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper.
CTA is now notifying registered vendors of new publicly advertised contracting opportunities through e-mail notifications. The e-mail will be sent to CTA registered vendors by commodity. For vendor registration and other information, visit the CTA Vendor Registration and DBE Certification Web site at www.ctavendor.com.
All vendors are encouraged to update their business contact information including their e-mail address and list of commodities as all notifications will be sent via e-mail.
- For questions regarding vendor registration, contact Diana DeWitte, CTA Vendor Management, at (312) 681-2439.
- For questions about bid notifications, contact the CTA Bid Office at (312)681-2050.
- For questions about the Small Business Program, contact our Diversity department at (312) 681-2601.
For assistance with obtaining, viewing and downloading bid information, please read the following:
Viewing CTA bids from the Internet (.pdf)