Small Business Program
CTA is excited to announce the creation of our Small Business Program.
The pilot program is designed to give certified small businesses an opportunity to bid as primes on CTA contracts. Under the pilot program, selected contracts will be set aside for small businesses to bid on as prime contractors.
Eligibility for Small Business Program
The following requirements must be met to be eligible to participate in the CTA Small Business Program:
- The company must meet the size standards for small businesses as revised by the Small Business Administration (SBA) for the industry in which it works.
- Small businesses can now apply for their Small Business certification by submitting an SBE Certification Application.
- Current DBE certified companies can opt into the SB program by submitting a SBE Acknowledgement Form and a copy of your current DBE certification letter.
The CTA will accept Small Business Certification from the following entities:
- CTA SBE program
- SBA 8(a)
Submitting your certification to the CTA
Certification of a Small Business will be submitted to the CTA when a vendor submits their bid. The vendor must submit their letter of certification as described in the special conditions included in the bid package. For pilot program only, a Small Business will be allowed to submit the Small Business Certification Application along with their bid.
For information and/or questions about the CTA Small Business Program, please call (312) 681-2616 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intergovernmental Small Business Forum
Join Us For An Event Aimed At Advancing The Growth Of Small Business!
Hosted by the Illinois Transit and Transportation Roundtable (ITTR)
This is a FREE event that will provide valuable information and an opportunity for business owners to learn more about contracting opportunities with local, state and federal agencies.
Download Registration Form and Guest Speaker Bio
Submit registration forms to email@example.com no later than March 25, 2013.
Please Submit One Registration Form per Attendee.
- Registration Required for Admittance
- Limited Seating Available
- A government issued ID will be required for security check-in procedures
Please be advised registration check-in will end promptly at 9:30 a.m.
Who should attend:
Small Business Owners - Construction Firms - Professional Service Firms – Suppliers - Government Contractors
Date: Friday, March 29, 2013
8:30am to 12:00pm
Federal Reserve Bank
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL. 60604
Topics of Discussion:
Not a Large Prime? This One is for You! - Understanding FTA Small Business Initiatives - CDOT More Than Transportation - How to Network Successfully
Questions: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-322-6323.