The Internship Experience at CTA
CTA is proud to offer internships to high performing undergraduate and graduate students. CTA internships allow students to gain hands-on, real-world experience with one of the pre-eminent transit systems in the country and governments in northeastern Illinois. Interns will gain the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to excel in today’s technologically demanding workplace.
Interns work on a wide range of projects and special assignments based on the needs and goals of their department. Interns are paid anywhere from $11 to $16 per hour, given experience. Interns work up to 20 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during summer and school breaks.
While CTA has a large number of general administration internships, the agency is placing particular emphasis on interns who have—or would like to gain—technical skills in logistics, transportation, engineering, technology management, planning and scheduling, and purchasing.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
College Undergraduate & Graduate Students:
- Enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours for undergraduate and 6 credit hours for Graduates) in a degree program at an accredited college or university
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Possess the skills and minimum requirements outlined in the nature of the project, primary responsibilities, and level of educational requirements
- Information Technology
- Electronics / Software
Planning & Safety
- Strategic Planning
- Scheduling & Service Planning
- Emergency Preparedness
- Human Resources
- Employee Relations
- Purchasing & Supply Chain
- General Management
Qualified candidates for the Undergraduate/Graduate Internship Program are encouraged to apply by:
- Submit a copy of the following supporting documentation to email@example.com, indicating the internship of interest in the subject field:
- Cover letter expressing specific department/program interests
- Current official school transcript and school schedule
- Or, mail your documents to:
Coordinator of Career Development
Learning & Support, 4th Floor
Chicago Transit Authority
567 W. Lake Street
Chicago, IL. 60661